Workwear For Women: Summer Tips
With August approaching, we are still feeling the heat of the summer. Dressing for work with warm temperatures can be challenging, but it is also a great time to be creative with solutions. Here are some tips to make it through the rest of the summer:
1. USE COLOR AND PATTERNS: The Muse collected looks from top style bloggers showing their summer work style including tips such as using pastels and neutrals, pop of color, florals, bold patterns, light layers and back to basics.
2. DRESS FOR YOUR WORK ATMOSPHERE: Business casual is also a style to consider for summer when the work environment may also be more casual. Here is an article from Refinery 29 with business casual tips.
3. GEOGRAPHY SPECIFIC CONSIDERATIONS: Consider your geography in dressing for work in the summer. For example, in California it is cool in the mornings, late afternoons and night. Our team member Jungah chooses layers (short top underneath layers), cropped pants, and either a sweater or Moto jacket.
4. LIGHTER FABRICS: Choose light breathable fabrics and layers to help transition from office air conditioning to walks outside for lunch.
5. REACH FOR DRESSES AND ACCESSORIES: Huffington Post shared summer business attire recommendations that included reaching for Sheath or dresses that match your shape (such as shift, asymmetric, a-line) and accessorize with summer necklaces, purses and scarfs.
6. KEY WORK BASICS: Corporette shared 20 lightweight blazers for summer to highlight how basic wardrobe staples can be used in the summer. For example, having a selection of blazers with lighter fabrics can be used during spring, summer and also presentations or meetings in rooms that may be warmer then usual.
What are your favorite summer work styles?